It's been quite a stretch since I made carob fudge this good. It's rich, nutty, and worthy of tiny bites. OK, big bites, too. But, be mindful of the calories. It's not low fat.
This fudgy candy is a breeze to make:
1.5 cups unsweetened carob chips
1/2 cup cashew macadamia nut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
scant 1/2 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup toasted almonds
1. Melt the chips in the top of a double boiler (or a bowl on top of a pot half filled with simmering water). Stir until smooth.
2. Mix in the nut butter until smooth.
3. Mix in the agave until well blended.
4. Fold in the nuts. I didn't chop mine, but next time I will.
5. Either press the fudge into an 8-in pan lined with parchment paper or mini muffin pans lined with mini liners.
6. Chill until set, then let come back to room temperature to enjoy.