11 December 2007

Win a Copy of Veganomicon and a 6-Pack of Agave Nectar


If you saw yesterday's post or the posts on Here and There, you know that we're almost two days into the Menu for Hope fundraiser.

Why are we expending so much effort? Well, while I sit here in my warm home with enough food in my cabinets and freezer for easily a month's worth of meals for a family of four, there are people who desperately need my help just to make today's meal happen.

Not only do I offer items for the raffle, but I bid on them as well. I participate in the Menu for Hope as a way of giving back and as a way of celebrating the miracles of the season. Instead of buying gifts for family, John and I make donations so that people in Africa can eat. I encourage you to give what you can to support these folks in their efforts to develop sustainable farming.

In 2006, Menu for Hope raised US$60,925.12 to help the UN World Food Program feed the hungry. Food bloggers like me host the Menu for Hope online raffle, offering an array of delectable culinary prizes. For every US$10, the donors receive a virtual raffle ticket toward a prize of their choice, which I hope for you is UE21, a copy of "Veganomicon" and a six pack of raw, organic agave nectar bottles (23-oz each).

I've outlined how to participate in Menu for Hope here.

If you'd like to see the people you would be helping, right click here and open a new window. The photos are well worth the viewing.

No comments: