19 November 2008

No Thanksgiving Kitchen for Me

I'm never the host of Thanksgiving anyway, but I usually bake something for the feast at Mom's. However, this year, I'm still kitchen-free, since at the moment, I have the cabinet shells installed, but no counter and no sink. Tomorrow, the sink and counter go in, but I'll have to wait until Monday for Joe the contractor to come and connect the plumbing to the sink.

I've been posting about it all on my other blog, Here and There. And, if you want to see the complete photo album, feel free to check out my Picasa shots of the whole process.

Overall, I just can't wait for it to be done already. I feel like such a whiner, though because it's only been two weeks, and there are folks who don't even have homes or food to eat at all. It's also been hard on my conscience because John and I have been using all these disposable items like paper plates, plastic utensils and bottled water (since yesterday, we have a legitimate use due to a water main break).

In the meantime, I'm just focusing on the positive and donating to the local food bank.

By the way, in case you were wondering, the voting is about to open in The Kitchen Best Pie Bakeoff, and I've entered a pie, so please vote for my pie at The Kitchen. Thanks!

3 comments:

veggie belly said...

Its the opposite in my house - we have 2 thanksgivings - one with my inlaws and one at my place with friends. Good luck with the kitchen!

Deb Schiff said...

Good luck back to you! Thanks.

Deb Schiff said...

Looks like a great deal. Think I'll be placing an order early in 2009. Thanks for the tip!