How lovely! Miss Diva of Beach Eats has bestowed upon me the Arte y Pico award for Altered Plate's "creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language." That just about made my day. Everything afterward was simply, well, agave-sweetened frosting!
The original Arte y pico blog primarily a Spanish-language blog (although you will find some Portuguese written there as well), so if you're like me, you might have to visit Google Translate. Arte y pico is well worth a visit because original award recipients are displayed as well as links to blogs you might not visit otherwise.
Because one good turn deserves another, I'll share with you the award rules so you can present Arte y Pico awards yourself!
1. Pick 5 blogs that deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each recipient must list the name of its author and a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each recipient must show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Each recipient and the award giver must show the link of the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5. Each recipient must display these rules.
OK, that said, here are my Arte y Pico award recipients:
1. Ice Cream Ireland -- I can't give these humble ice cream shop owners enough props for their gorgeous photos and well-written prose. Most businesses with blogs don't bother to invest their time and energies into producing a good blog. These fellows are a welcome exception.
2. Joy the Baker -- Beautiful photos, so elegantly staged. Her recipes are paired with stories that are immediately relatable. If nothing else, go for her reports on the Chocolate Chip Cookie Debate (links along the right column).
3. Have Cake, Will Travel! -- Celine's excellent vegan baking/cooking blog will have you in stitches with her hilarious commentary on the recipes. I also love that she uses agave nectar sometimes as well as carob (a rarity). I'd give my bundt pans to be her neighbor.
4. Diet, Dessert and Dogs -- Ricki's recipes are truly innovative, healthy, tasty and very easy on the eyes. Plus, you have to adore her dog photos. Probably the most interesting part of this blog is Ricki's personal journey of weight loss and health. Well worth a day reading and catching up with the story.
5. Cakespy -- A fun blog with excellent interviews, reviews and photos. Definitely THE spot to go for all things cake (especially cupcake). I might just have to purchase some Cakespy art for the new kitchen when it's finished. My favorite posts are those with photos decorated with smiling or grimacing cupcakes. Cracks me up every time!