20 April 2008

Happy First Birthday to Altered Plates!

Happy Birthday to Altered Plates! One year ago today, I posted my first entry on this blog -- the one I created as an alternative to my Here and There blog so I could have a place to focus on baking and cooking with agave nectar instead of sugar.

It's hard to believe that just one year ago, I embarked on a journey to chronicle the alterations required to change some of my favorite recipes into glycemic-friendly versions. Time flies when you're in the kitchen!

This year, I plan a few more product reviews, more heart-healthy recipes, and generally a lot more fun. And, yes, I promise, more cooking videos because you love them so. I'm working on losing a bit more weight (and bringing my cholesterol down a bit as well) so you might just see me on camera this year for a change.

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting. More than anything else, thanks to the regular readers who are more than just readers and commentators. You're friends. Thanks especially to the vegans who continue to inspire me to improve my health and the way I live each day. You DO make a difference!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! Time really does fly--it seems like just yesterday that I started blogging and found your wonderful blog! Looking forward to what you serve up in the coming year(s).

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks, Ricki! I'm so glad I found your blog as well. :)

Amy said...

It happens fast doesn't it? Congratulations and Happy Blog Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated blog-thday! I finally added your blog to my google reader so it'll be easier to keep up. took me long enough, eh?

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks, Celine! While I love Google reader, I find that going through the 60 or so updates that come in over night has become a bit of a compulsion. :) But, I'm glad you've added mine to yours. All the more reason for me to post more regularly.