One of the nicest honors is to be given the "E for Excellent" award from another blogger whose blog you admire. Ricki, of the wonderful Diet, Dessert and Dogs blog presented me with this and asked me to name five others worthy of the same distinction.
The big challenge is to select blogs that had not yet been granted that distinction. If you have been named previously, good for you for continuing to uphold your excellence in blogging. If not, please take this honor and give it to five others who are equally deserving.
1. Eat me, delicious. I really enjoy this blog's photos, writing and recipes. This blogger also participates in the Daring Bakers and Tuesdays with Dorie events, both of which are highly entertaining for us lowly novices.
2. Baking and Books. Ari writes great reviews of a wide variety of cookbooks. She takes lovely photos, and her baked goods always look so professional!
3. Ice Cream Ireland. Ever since Kieran Murphy started this blog, I've had it in my Google Reader. I really enjoy his stories about how his little ice cream shop is such an integral part of the life in Dingle, Ireland. He posts delicious recipes and just has such a lovely tone to his writing. One of my all-time favorites. Definitely read his "Caught with Ice Cream, election" series.
4. The Girl Who Ate Everything. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Robyn didn't already have one of these, but she certainly deserves one. One of the funniest bloggers around, she eats everywhere, travels the world, writes about her amusing adventures and (thankfully) takes great photos of most of it. She's also part of the crew at Serious Eats, a must-read for any food blogger. On two occasions, I've even had the pleasure of dining with her (once with her mom!). She's a great resource when it comes to finding tasty food in NY, and is the person to see if you're looking for gelato and/or macarons.
5. Lunapads Blog. Completely off food topics, but truly worthwhile and interesting nonetheless. The Lunapads folks are on a great mission to provide sustainable options to African schoolgirls who have been missing school due to the inability to deal with their monthly menses. They've set up a Goods 4 Girls donation so that if you're interested, you simply buy the package of washable pads online and they'll ship it directly to Goods 4 Girls who will ensure that the pads will be given to a girl who needs them. It's truly an important cause, especially when you see how many days per school year these girls miss just because they have their periods.
Hope you enjoy visiting these blogs!