05 November 2008

Please Have Some of My Agave-Sweetened Baked Goods, Your President-Electness

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that if I met Mr. Obama and his lovely family, I'd offer them my homemade baked goods (and probably some of my homemade ice cream). I'd ply them with pie. More than likely, I'd even make my extra-special Perfect Vegan Scoop or Mango Sorbet for the President-Elect and his family. I'd probably try to impress Ms. Obama with my healthier, vegan version of cranberry-zucchini muffins. And, I'd definitely send them home with some awesome granola in a Lock-and-Lock container because I care about what they eat for breakfast. (Frankly, I care about what most folks eat for breakfast, but since he'll be running the country, I'd prefer if he had some fiber, vitamins, and tasty bits in his bowl).

Lastly, I am immensely stirred by Mr. Obama's historic victory. I'm grateful to have contributed to it. I've voted for some folks in the past whom I thought would do some world-changing things, and they did. But casting a vote for the first African-American president really takes the cake. Speaking of cake, how about some yummy spice cake, your President-Electness? Seconds? Why, of course!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Glad your guy won :)

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to leave a comment for a long time and thank you for what you do here. I am a vegetarian who, for a variety of reasons, can't eat refined sugars. I am mostly okay with this, but I do miss desserts and sweets. Agave nectar, probably because of its low glycemic index is something I seem to do okay with, and your recipes are just so helpful. Now I have two things to thank you for--yummy, healthy desserts and helping to change our country for the better.

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks, Ricki! Me too! Maybe I'll get an interesting appointment like Official Granola-ist. ;D

Deb Schiff said...

Thanks also to you, Rachel. I SO know where you're coming from. Now that I'm learning how to cut down on the bad fats, I'm hoping to help folks out even more. Thanks for your very kind words and for coming out of your lurking to say such nice things! Please comment more often. I value what you have to say.